Everyone needs a backup plan.
ESC’s Emergency Leadership Planning Service creates a comprehensive organizational plan for ensuring continuity and operational sustainability in the event of an immediate, unplanned absence of a nonprofit leader.
Whether the gap is short or long, this Risk Management resource secures the essential elements of maintaining the organization’s operation.
Emergency planning includes:
- Documentation of the organization’s unique, customized contingency plans and other resources for managing leadership transition, including inventories, database and vital financial, legal, facilities and human resources documents for centralized safeguarding
- Flash drive with an electronic copy of your plan’s documents for convenient maintenance and distribution
- Duplicate print copies of your plan to be distributed to your executive committee
- An Emergency Leadership Kit that houses all plan elements listed above
Emergency planning may also include:
- Staff development needs
- Potential succession candidates
- Plans for communicating with both internal and external stakeholders